Google Analytics (invisible)

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Setting up Christmas

A few days before Thanksgiving we were supposed to get the Blizzard of all Blizzards.  Schools closed (including most (all?) Utah colleges!), businesses (but only some) closed, people left work early.  It was crazy.  The anticipation was high.  I was excited.  I hadn't been in a real blizzard since probably elementary. Maybe middle school.  

I had been listening to some Christmas music here and there (I know, I know, blasphemy before Christmas!  But I was in the mood) so I was already starting to prep for Christmas in my head.  So with the promise of the worst blizzard Utah has ever seen, I decided it was time to decorate for Christmas.  Even if it was before Thanksgiving.  

Kessa was very thoughtful about where ornaments were placed.  (Also, I just love the way she would sit on that chair.)

She ended up loving the tree.  It was thanks to the ornaments on the Christmas tree that she started learning how to answer the question, "Where is the ____?"  She started identifying shapes. (Ball, star, heart and … spiral?  We tried to ignore that last one.)  It was quite fun.

She also learned how to say "ho ho ho" which would crack me up every time she did it.

 Also, as a followup, the blizzard never came.  We invited neighbors over for games and taught them Ticket to Ride.  We watched the wind blow some, but not really much at all.  It was very, very disappointing.  I had all this romantic visions of curling up in a blanket with hot cocoa and all the lights off and watching the snow swirl and blow.  [sigh]  But having the Christmas decorations up were fun!  :)


No comments: