Google Analytics (invisible)

Monday, January 18, 2010

FHE - Prayer

See these cute faces? This is Sarah and Ellie back for another FHE. (And Bryan in the background.) (And yes, they're wearing my old shirts that I was giving away in an attempt to declutter.)


Our actual lesson was about the Liahona (I found my olive wood Liahona while going through a box while they were here) and they did great with the lesson. But we ended up having another lesson that I think was far more powerful.

We put Kessa down to bed a little after 8 tonight. She started crying, which isn't abnormal. Often she'll cry for a minute or two, then find her fingers and go right to sleep. Not tonight. Nope, nope, nope. She cried. And cried. BJ went in and helped her find her pacifier which calmed her down for about 20 seconds. She cried and cried. I went in and tried to comfort her. She was fine if I was holding her, but the second I started lowering her into her crib, she cried and cried. We gave her medicine (she's teething) and she cried and cried. There was simply nothing we could do. So we went back out into the living room to finish off FHE and to distract ourselves. (Though, I still spent most of the time cuddled up with BJ so he could comfort me.)

Bonnie suggested they do their family prayer with us and pray for Kessa to fall asleep. I helped Ellie say the prayer and we asked for Kessa to be able to fall asleep. After the prayer they started cleaning up and getting ready to leave. They did so in whispers to help Kessa fall asleep. Before they got out the door, Kessa was completely silent. So I pulled Ellie over to me and reminded her that in her prayer she asked Heavenly Father to help Kessa fall asleep, and look! Kessa was asleep! I then gave her a hug and thanked her for praying for Kessa. I hope Ellie learned something from this lesson. I know I did.

No comments: