Google Analytics (invisible)

Monday, February 23, 2009

Valentine's Week

We had been planning on babysitting on Valentine's day, so neither BJ nor I had really planned anything for then, figuring we'd just do something the next week (when everything was cheaper and restaurants weren't crowded). Turned out that the grandparents were in town and took the kids off our hands that afternoon. Having no real plans, we just kind of went with the flow. I've been into freecycle lately, so we picked up some nightstands on our way home. (More on that in another blog, methinks.) We just kind of dinked around until it was time to make dinner, which I planned on making Mozzarella Stuffed Peppers, but then realized I didn't have the ingredients. So we officially decided to nix Valentine's Day and instead celebrate Valentine's Week the following week. So I made fajitas instead (which we both love).

So now, I present to you, our Valentine's Week.

Monday - Candy Day!
Since Valentine's Candy was 50% off, we decided it was a great time to buy candy. We ended up with 5 bags of Hershey Kisses and 2 bags of Strawberry Twizzlers.

Tuesday - Romantic Dinner
BJ's favorite dinner that I've made was Mozzarella Stuffed Peppers, so I made them for a romantic dinner. It was accompanied with a salad, croissant rolls, and Sparkling Grape Juice. We ate it via candlelight.

Wednesday - Spoil BJ
I started with making sure I made BJ a really good lunch (including stuffed peppers leftovers) with a love note included within. The rest of my spoiling of BJ was mostly made up of doing things that BJ loves that isn't typically on my top 10 list. I originally offered to go out to Cafe Rio, but then we remembered that his sister, Jessa, had given us gift certificates to Bajio, which is largely the same food, so we went there instead. (For the record, I think I like Bajio better.) Then we played Mega Man. And by 'we' I mean 'me'. BJ has recently beaten Mega Man 9 and is in love with it. He's been begging me to give it a try for weeks now, so I played while he watched and cheered me on. I'll be honest, I didn't even finish a level, but I got really close to the end by the time I was just too tired to go on.

Thursday - Go out to dinner day
We had Buy 1 entree, get one free coupons to T.G.I.Friday's so for lunch, we went out to eat. (Unplanned for Valentine's week, we ended up going over to Jessica's and watched Robin Hood with Carli!)
Friday - Spoil Tianna
I picked BJ up from campus with these in his hands.
Awwww... aren't they so pretty!? Knowing that I probably wouldn't want to cook on my day for being spoiled, we went out to Cracker Barrel, which is one of my favorite restaurants. I got a beef stew bowl (in sourdough ... mmmmm....) and mac and cheese. Then we came back and met up with Jared and Megan for games. We had a few good games of Mario Kart and Super Smash Brothers, and then a really good rousing game of Settlers of Catan - Cities and Knights, which I won magnificently.


Overall, I think our Valentine's Week was a great success and I'm glad we did it. Hope you all had a great day!

1 comment:

The Dipo's said...

For the record I think Costa Vida is better. :o) LOL! What a great week!!