Google Analytics (invisible)

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Giant Zucchini of DEATH

I thought I had done a pretty good job picking my zucchini when they were still decently small.  Yesterday I went over and just happened to notice something green and much, much thicker than a leaf stalk, so I investigated.  This is what I brought home.*


Yes, that thing is the length of my entire arm.  I'm considering just keeping it as is and using it as a club in case anyone tries to break into my house.  (Or more realistically I'll be using it to make stuffed zucchini tonight.)

Also, this picture makes me look like a giant.  I know how tall that ceiling is.  It's a vaulted ceiling.  If I were actually a giant, I fear to think of what size that zucchini actually would be.  Or the damage it could cause.

Ok,  I'm not sure that picture does it justice.  Here it is again, next to a normal sized zucchini and a fork.  Just for more perspective's sake.



*There were actually two of these.  But I gave one to Travis' roommates.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

You are too, too funny-

Jessica said...

I want one, I want one, I want one!!!

Our yellow squash is growing but our zucchini isn't as happy this year. I've only harvested one little one. :(

And don't even get me started on the tomatoes. {sigh}