Google Analytics (invisible)

Thursday, July 23, 2009

2009 Scripture Reading Schedule

My sister, Jalin, told me about this thing her Stake is doing. Here, I'll let her Stake Presidency tell you all about it:

Dear Brothers and Sisters:

This reading program is designed to help you by providing a specific outline of consistent scripture reading that will enhance your study of the gospel throughout 2009. We encourage all members to participate in this reading program or another program of your own design that provides daily immersion in the scriptures. If you choose to follow this program you will read the entire Book of Mormon, Teachings of the Presidents of the Church: Joseph Smith (third hour course of study for 2009), the gospel doctrine reading assignments from the Doctrine and Covenants, The Pearl of Great Price, and the General Conference talks for April and October 2009. This will require an average of three pages of reading on a daily basis. Consistent study of the scriptures and the words of modern prophets will guide us along the path of righteousness and bless us with the Spirit on a daily basis. May the Lord bless you in this endeavor is our prayer.

Faithfully Yours,

Steven Paul Rau
Brent S. Kinkade
L. Scott Goodrich
Bend Oregon Stake Presidency


I thought it was a fantastic idea. 3 pages of reading per day, and I'd get all of that read? Awesome. Plus, I'm the kind of person that likes to-do lists and charts where I can cross things off. So I asked her to continue posting them every month. I'd like to share it with all of you (even though it's now halfway through July), but her blog is private, so I can't just give you a link. So instead I put it all in a Google Doc which you can access here. She hasn't given me Aug-Dec yet, but when she does, I'll be sure to add it in. So, if you'd like, you could join in with us in reading and either just read from today's assignment on, or you could play catchup and read 6 pages per day.

No comments: