Google Analytics (invisible)

Friday, January 20, 2012

Out of the mouth of Kessa

Kessa is getting really verbal.  And she says some pretty hilarious things.  I've been trying to do better about writing them down, so here's a few from the last few days (these are copy/pasted mostly from chats to BJ):

  • Hah!  Kessa is upstairs entertaining herself and I just heard her say, "No whining!  I didn't!  I didn't!"
  • Kessa is playing Trainyard (on the iPad) and just exclaimed, "Oh! Holy Night!" Sure, she loves the song Silent Night, but to pull that out as an exclamation? Haha. Cracks me up.
  • Kessa wants me to come help with a puzzle, so she's been hollering at me, "Mommy, mommy, mommy!" And I keep telling her just a minute, because I'm writing on a facebook wall to answer a question for a friend. Suddenly she says, "Holy night!  I want to do this!"
  • Kessa has had a bad habit of waking up in the middle of the night and coming into our room. So we've started telling her that she can wake up when the sun wakes up. When the sun wakes up, then she can come wake up mommy and daddy. Well, last night she came in, but when BJ got up to take her back to bed, she very easily went back with him and went back to sleep. She knows the drill now, apparently.

    This morning BJ got up around 8. I had no reason to get up, so I kept sleeping. Finally, close to 9, I heard Kessa yelling, "Mommy!  Mommy!  Mommy!"  She often does this when she wants me to come or doesn't know where I am. She doesn't stop even when I answer her. So I heard that at a distance and figured she was downstairs with BJ and wanted me to come downstairs. So I took my time getting up, going to the bathroom, etc.

    Finally  I stumbled out of our room and realized that Kessa's voice was coming from her room. Not from downstairs. So I went into her room and found her sitting in bed, smiling. "Mommy!  There you are!"

    As I sat down next to her I noticed snow on the ground, so I pointed it out to her. She liked the snow. Then she looked up at the sky and said, "Sun not awake yet?"  It was quite cloudy, so I told her, "Oh, it's awake. It's just hiding behind the clouds. Is that why you're still in bed?  Because you thought the sun wasn't awake yet?"  To which she replied, "Want to make Mommy happy!"

    Awwww. Touch my heart. Seriously.
  • The other day Kessa hollered this down the stairs: "Ok, I'll bring it downstairs so that Mommy will open it. So stay there!"

    When did my little baby start talking in full sentences?

No comments: