Google Analytics (invisible)

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Socks

I did it.  I just threw away all of BJ's old, full-of-holes socks.

I threatened to do this when we first got married (I hate holes in my socks) and he pointed out that he didn't mind the holes and by keeping them, we were saving money.  (We were in extreme penny pinching mode at the time.)  I grudgingly agreed.  I told myself that I didn't have to wear the socks.  I could content myself with rolling my eyes every time I did laundry.  And so, for the last year and 9 months, I've done just that.

For Christmas, Santa gave BJ some socks.  (Yes, I put them on his wish list.  Hah!)  He admitted that the new socks were a lot softer and more comfortable.  I tried really hard (though I'm sure I failed miserably) to hide my triumphant smile.

I caved the other day (we're not in severe penny pinching mode anymore!  Just penny pinching mode) and bought him some new socks.  And then, with glee, I pulled all his old, grubby, barely hanging together socks out of the drawer and threw them away.

Well, first, Kessa decided to help me trample all over them, like they deserve.



I'm pretty sure I'm happier about BJ getting new socks than he is.  I'm ok with that.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm glad you trampled over them. Makes it so much more triumphant. Congratulations, BJ!

Unknown said...

i love your baby.........thats all