Google Analytics (invisible)

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Sleeptalking

So... for many years, I've been teased about my sleep talking. Funny thing is, BJ has never heard me sleep talk. So, to my amazement, the first instance of sleep talking in our marriage was not by me, but by BJ.

This morning the alarm went off at 7 am. BJ, having only slept for 5 hours, was sound asleep and didn't budge. I wake up immediately to alarms, so every second an alarm clock goes off drives me nuts. After a very long 3 seconds, I pushed BJ's shoulder. (I'd have to crawl over BJ to do it myself.) He got up,turned off the alarm, and as he was crawling back into bed said, "Squishes." I was quite confused, so, sure I misunderstood, I asked, "What?" He didn't respond. Just crawled back in bed and fell asleep.

Well, BJ often comes back to bed after the alarm goes off, just for a few minutes to cuddle before he gets up. (Really, I think he does it to make sure I wake up.) This morning he just fell asleep... didn't even cuddle. Funny thing is, I didn't even think about it. I just expected him to get up again in about 3-5 minutes. So I dozed in and out of sleep for awhile, and finally decided that maybe I should look at the clock. It was 7:23. BJ has class at 8 on Tuesdays and I was supposed to pick Jess up for work at 8.

"BJ, it's 7:20." (this time he woke up to answer.)
[groan] "I wish I could figure out why my alarm sometimes doesn't go off."
"Umm... it did."
"I wish I could figure out why my alarm isn't across the room."

So then I related the story of the Squishes, and he was appropriately appalled by his actions. He then got up and grabbed one of our reading pillows (that are approximately 1 billion pounds each) and dropped it on me, yelling "Squishes!"

Now, just the word "Squishes" sends us into a fit of giggles.

2 comments:

Luke and Erin said...

I HATE alarms! They are pure evil. My husband also has a serious problem with not getting up to his alarm and staying in bed for those few extra minutes. but he sets it again so the alarm will go off 3 times in 20 minutes. DRIVES ME NUTS!
squishes it pretty funny...

Kim said...

Some days I wonder if Lexi is secretly your daughter instead of mine, she is such a chatter box and she talks like crazy in her sleep. Hmmm something to ponder. Do you and BJ need a 5 year old? I have one for free...