Google Analytics (invisible)

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Giving blood

So my year finally ended and I was able to give blood! Huzzay! BJ has the most ridiculously large veins, so I decided they were made to give blood. Thus, Saturday I made him go with me. (He's a good sport.) Turns out that his ginormous veins aren't really all that better for giving blood. Or perhaps it was just a fluke? Anyway, by the end, the guy taking his blood had to stay there and hold the needle still, else the blood would stop flowing. By that afternoon he had a giant bubble full of blood on his elbow. (He was warned it'd look like a gigantic blood blister that he couldn't pop.) Well, the blister finally went down, but now he has this giant bruise on his elbow. We tried to get a good picture of it, but this was the best we could get. So now you can see the comparison of his wounded elbow compared to mine. See? You can't even see the hole from the needle on mine. (At least not in the picture. You can see it in real life.)


But seriously. Isn't that bruise huge?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Heather said...

Ouch! I hope that doesn't feel as bad as it looks.

Luke and Erin said...

Ah, good for you! My poor hubby can not do needles. He actually turned green when I had my second!
I wish I could give blood but they say it is no good :( I think it is awesome that you can and do! WAY TO GO!