Google Analytics (invisible)

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Oh no! Abby is being eaten by an alligator!

The other day Kessa had a full on sobbing tantrum because she wanted Jessa to be here.  She didn't want to wait a long, long time to see her again.  It was adorable and heartbreaking at the same time.  Only 17.5 more months, Kessa...

Abby is full on walking now.  She can cross a room before she topples over sometimes.  Sometimes she only makes it a few steps.  But she is gaining confidence like crazy.

I can't think of anything else, really, to say, so I'll leave you with your Kessa-isms of the week.  I've done better about writing down things as they happen.  She is getting such a huge imagination.  I love it.

  • Kessa just informed me, “I need to go to Izzy's house or Izzy needs to come here. Those are your two choices.” (Izzy is her friend that lives next door.)
  • Kessa: When Heavenly Father comes, I want to say a prayer to him, because I don't think he heard one of mine.
    Me: Why do you think he didn't hear one of yours?
    Kessa: Because he's in the sky!
  • Me: Kessa, where are your shoes?
    Kessa: I put them upstairs to kill bugs in the bathtub.
  • Kessa: I'm the witch. I don't like anybody. And I sleep at morning.
  • Speaking of the resurrection Kessa said:
    • what if we need to go potty when we have no body?
    • what if we have our bums and need to go potty?
  • Adorable overheard: “Daddy, did you miss me at work?” Kessa is just too cute.
  • Playing with her toys I overheard Kessa yell, “If you do that I'm going to have to take you to the doctor! I don't want to go to the doctor, so please don't do that!”
  • Kessa just walked out of my room and as she was closing the door she waved and said, “See ya next time!”

Kessa has the best imagination right now.  I love it.  The other day she helped Abby sit in a laundry basket, turned to me, then exclaimed, "Oh no! Abby is being eaten by an alligator! And now she has pokies!"(Pokies are her word for anything sharp and, well, poky.  Generally it means thistles, but apparently it applies to alligator teeth as well.)


Easter Sunday Kessa insisted that she have hair as straight as Izzy's.  Luckily, I have a mini straightener.  Ehhh… it wasn't fantastic.  Her hair is too thin and frizzy still for straight hair to look great on her.  But we did our best.  Maybe when she grows more hair this will work better.  But she liked it well enough (though she was sad that I still pulled it back), so I guess that's what was important, right?

No comments: