Google Analytics (invisible)

Sunday, June 22, 2014

A normal week post again!

Jessa ~

I think I maybe told you Damian was here this past weekend? Well, Monday he and BJ worked hard all morning finishing the sheetrock in the basement for the second inspection. Unfortunately, the inspector came before they were done. Fortunately he looked at everything else they had done and said, "You clearly know what you're doing and I expect you'll continue doing it right," and passed it. Hooray! So there is only one inspection left, and it is the final inspection! Damian used the rest of his stay to start mudding and taping the sheetrock, so that's partly done. Progress!



Both girls started swimming lessons this week. Kessa seems much more excited about everything she is learning this time, so I'm hoping that means her confidence is higher. Perhaps she'll even have the confidence to float on her back and front unassisted this time around so she can pass level 2. I don't mind her repeating levels. She doesn't realize she's repeating and it's building her confidence, so I think it's great. Abby is doing a parent/child class with BJ and our backdoor neighbor is also in it! Surprisingly, Abby is the one who is being more cautious and nervous about everything. Go figure.

I got a haircut on Wednesday. It's short again. So far I like it, but I haven't had to style it myself yet (bonus of not having to wash my hair daily!) so we'll see how that goes... That's always the scary part. But I have high hopes for it.



BJ and I had our 6th anniversary this week! We thought about going out to dinner or something, but realized that where Peter hasn't been introduced to a bottle, we really wouldn't have much time. He often eats every 1.5-2 hours. And by the time we travel to and from wherever we were going, we wouldn't really have much time. So we had this brilliant epiphany and decided instead to celebrate it as the birth of our family. Which sounds like it should be a family celebration! So we ate at home, then after dinner took the entire family to the Timp temple, where we were married, and walked around it, looking at different things on the temple (like the stained glass windows, and the sun, moon, and stars) and the landscaping. Kessa wanted to go in, so we went into the waiting room and talked quietly in there about eternal families. Then we went back outside and sang "Families Can Be Together Forever" ... at least part of it before Kessa got distracted. Then we went to Coldstone and got ice cream. It was So Much Fun. So I think we're going to make it a tradition. BJ and I may still go out on a date when we don't have a brand newborn, but the family date will definitely have to be repeated.



Travis came home from his 7-week adventure to Australia, Samoa, and New Zealand yesterday. That's exciting. :D Except he's going to want his blender back, so that's sad. Alas. But hopefully more frequent game nights will remedy that.

4th Sunday dinner was tonight. I swear we've eaten at your parents house 4 out of the last 5 Sundays. It's really quite possible, actually. Thankfully they don't seem to be sick of us yet (we can probably thank the cute kids for that) and we love going up there, so it seems to be a win. But I think we're going back to our normal schedule of only going up once a month. Alas. We have to grow up and be big kids someday, I guess... ;)  But we got to meet Sis. Payne! Which was exciting. She's fun. The Christensens came to look at her pictures and stuff and we warned her that they were nervous about Sam going there and she was like, "Oh. Maybe I should have brought different pictures." Hah! The very first picture was a pile of skulls. Then later she talked about how if you get hit by a car, you have to get yourself (or your companion has to get you) off the road ASAP lest they come back to hit you again, because it's cheaper to pay for a funeral than hospital expenses. Then she immediately turns to them and says, "But don't worry, that won't happen to your son!" Bahaha.

Random pictures


Our strawberry patch is producing magnificently. This was one harvest. We get about 6 cups every time we harvest, at least 1-3 times per week. It's insane.

Kessa got stick-on earrings for her birthday. Obviously she and Abby love them. But in her obsessive love of Peter, she likes to stick them on him as well.

Kessa loves to sit on Abby's chair with her. Especially for dessert. Abby doesn't seem to mind, so I let her. It seems like good sister bonding. Especially when we get scenes like this over strawberry shortcake. *love*

And Peter! I took him for a walk the other day while BJ put the girls to bed. Hence why he's not actually buckled. I don't expect a high-collision crash while walking on the sidewalk. Call me a risky parent, I know. ;) But seriously, isn't he so handsome?!


Abby: "I painted my fingernails!"
[sigh] That's watercolor paint. At least it's easily washable. Tonight she found a marker at your mom's and did it again. At least it's just on her hands? And at least she's adorable?


Kiddisms

  • Kessa: Every night we need to have ice cream from now on! That's the new rule! [folds arms and stamps foot!]
  • BJ: You're missing out on so much if you don't know everything! … that's kind of my whole philosophy on life.
  • Me: I love you Kessa.
    Kessa: And I never want you to die. Never, ever.
  • Fashion diva just powered up to a new level. Abby wants me to tuck her shirt into her pants/skirt. She told me to “hide her shirt”. How does she know that tucking in her shirt is a thing?!
  • Abby took her diaper off last night. Then wet the bed. So her nightgown is all wet. While BJ was telling her she needed a bath, she was yelling, “No bath! Want diaper on!”
    Go figure. [rolls eyes]


Random kid tidbits

Kessa loves Peter. Perhaps a little too much. The most commonly used phrase in the house these days is, "Kessa! Just leave Peter alone!" or "Just let Peter sleep!" She always wants to hug him, kiss him, hold him, show him things, tickle him, etc. Which is, admittedly, adorable. But not when she's constantly waking him up and I just want him to sleep so I can get something done! There are worse problems, I know.

Abby also loves Peter, but in a less demanding way. Whenever she comes into a room and sees him, she'll start saying, "Baby! Baby!" And then she'll run over and look at him for a minute, then run off to do something else.  She's starting to talk in more full sentences, so sometimes she'll say, "Can I hold him please?" which is adorable, so how can I possibly say no? But her idea of holding him is coming from his side, one arm under and one over. So basically I hold him and set him on her outstretched arm for about 15 seconds, then she's done.

Kessa rides her bike outside about 17 times per day. At least when I let her. Thankfully she's getting old enough that I'm comfortable letting her play outside without me. I know she'll follow the rules and I can check on her periodically. Plus, we live on a cul de sac that she can safely ride in. So that's nice.

Both girls have started playing "I see the temple; I win." Kessa is actually pretty darn good and legitimately beats us fairly often. She's even started saying the name of the temples that she knows. One day we were driving to your parents' house and then I hear, "I see the temp— Noo! I see the Drape! temple; I win." a) she got the word Draper adorably wrong (she's now knows it) and b) we never taught her to say the name or what the name of that temple was! She figured it out on her own by listening to us! Incredible!  Abby mostly just says, "I see the temple; I win!" whenever she sees a church steeple or hears one of us see the temple. But at her age, that's awesome enough.

Did I tell you that BJ has started to teach Kessa piano lessons? Unsurprisingly, she's picking up on it super well. Also, today she read me part of a Little Critter book before she got sidetracked. She was reading words like, "Sometimes" and "remember". Where is my little girl!?

Abby likes to be knowingly mischievous. Like after a meal, she'll ask us to wash her hands, then while we're getting a rag wet, she'll run to the family room, occasionally looking back to make sure we're watching, all with a huge grin on her face. The more we say, "Come back here Abby..." the bigger the grin gets, until she runs and hides behind the couch. The entire time with her hands up in the air so as not to touch anything. Then BJ will go fetch her and start counting down from 5, and she'll run out, gleeful that she's been caught, and hold out her hands to be washed. But we got after her for doing that enough times that now she just runs to the line where the carpet starts and sits down on the carpet and holds out her hands. She knows she's supposed to stay in the kitchen. So she literally toes the line. I fear for her teenage years. :D

And... that's all the random tidbits I can think of right now. Hope you have a great week!

~ Tianna and Co.

No comments: